March 11, 2014 Update
Daylight savings time seems to have ushered in warmer temperature! As the thermostats switch from the occasional use of heat to the occasional use of the AC, its time to start thinking about spring and planning for those summer vacations.
Please check our specials page in May when we'll post summer specials!
March 2014 Upcoming Events in Gulfport
- March 15-Clam Bayou Cleanup, 10 AM, Clam Bayou Nature Park
- March 15-Gulfport Art Walk 6-10 PM Beach Blvd., FREE
- March 22-Nautical Flea Market. 7 AM-2 PM, Gulfport Marina, FREE
- March 23-"It Was A Very Good Year," Sinatra Tribute w/Tony Sands, 2 PM, Casino, $20.00
- March 28-"Rock, Roll and Remember," The Impacs Concert/Dance, 6-10 PM, $15 advnce, $20 door.
- March 29-"Hootenanny," 3 PM-10 PM, Boys vs. Girls Scavenger Hunt, Texas Style Picnic, Urban Gypsies Band. Gulfport Historical Museum. $15 advnce, $20 door
Clearwater Beach named "Best Beach Town in Florida" by USA Today. St Pete Beach named No. 1 beach by TripAdvisor. Caladesi Island named "Best for Couples".
If you've been to the area, you know that St Petersburg/Clearwater beaches earn accolades year after year. There's a beach for everyone's taste, but all with that all-important sugar-white sand.
Four area beaches were named to the 2013 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards for Top 25 U.S. Beaches. Fort DeSoto Park was named fourth best beach in the U.S. and 20th among the Best Beaches in the World. Also on this list also includes Caladesi Island State Park at No. 12, Pass-A-Grille at No. 15 and Clearwater Beach at No. 18.
Click on the link below to read more about it!
It's time for Geckofest!
Gulfport is gearing up for the 13th Annual Geckofest to be held Saturday, August 31st from 10 am to 10pm on Beach Blvd S. There'll be live music on 2 stages, a costume contest, street performers plus food vendors, craftsman and an audience participation walking parade.
Welcome Gulfport's newest member on the restaurant scene - J's Waterfront Dining
Surely THE best location in Gulfport - with multi-level dining and views of the beach, Casino & Pier. Brought to you by the owners of Paradise Grille & Paradise Sweets in Pass-a-Grille, this new endeavor is sure to be a hit! You can find more about J's on Facebook!
3128 Beach Blvd. 727-350-5903
Welcome to Mangia Gourmet!
Tasty, homemade, healthy, local & environmentally healthy foods with an emphasis on gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian specialties! Local and organic resources are used whenever possible, including local growers & beverage producers. We can't wait!