SHORT TERM USER AGREEMENT
This agreement is between you, the Tenant (Guest) and the Owner of the Property.
We are reserving the property for you with the following terms and conditions:
- You agree to pay the total amount due, including rents and other fees in advance to the Manager and to comply with all terms of the agreement.
- If payments are not received by the Due Date, the reservation may be cancelled by the Manager.
- You agree to vacate the property by 10 AM on the date stated for departure. You agree to lock all windows and doors to the property. You further agree to leave the property in a reasonably clean condition. If the house is not properly locked, Guest may be financially responsible should a burglary occur, any water damage resulting from open windows or open doors, etc., and/or any time spent by Manager to remedy any of the above.
- You will receive the Property in a reasonable condition and you shall maintain the Property. You will be liable for any loss or breakage of the contents of the Property. If there is breakage or damage to the Property or the furnishings or appliances, you shall report such finding to Splashy Ventures as soon as possible. Splashy Ventures offers a Vacation Rental Damage Protection Plan that covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of $3,000. Any damages that exceed $3,000 will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our Rental Properties, an Insured Person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or actual cash value of such property up to a maximum benefit of $3,000. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage Protection Plan coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy (www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/G10VRD). The Vacation Rental Damage Protection Plan can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Splashy Ventures LLC any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage Protection Plan. If you do not purchase the Vacation Rental Damage Protection Plan there is a $250 security/damage deposit required with your final payment. Please contact Splashy Ventures LLC directly if you do not wish to participate in this plan or assignment.
Please note that the Vacation Rental Damage Protection Plan does not cover intentional damage, negligence, or willful or malicious damage to the home. The Vacation Rental Damage Protection Plan may not be used to cover damages caused by a pet unless the pet has been approved and included on the pet addendum.
- You are delivering to Splashy Ventures a Credit Card Voucher, with authorizes Splashy Ventures to charge you for any and all unreported damages. Further, you grant Splashy Ventures permission to use the credit card for any reported damages that exceed $3,000, excessive cleaning, unreported pets, additional persons or extra days should you elect to extend your stay. Splashy Ventures will provide you with an itemization of charges within 30 days of the date of your departure.
- There is no smoking in the Property. You shall not redecorate, alter, or move furnishings or artwork. You shall not allow any pets on the property without permission from Manager. You will comply with all neighborhood rules. No RVs, campers or motor homes are to be kept on or near the Property. Boats may be accommodated but please inquire! Please be respectful of your neighbors. Property shall not be occupied by more than the maximum allowed for sleeping per the property reservation receipt. Property may not be used for events, such as weddings, parties, reunions, etc., except at the sole written authorization of Splashy Ventures and shall by subject to any homeowners association rules and regulations.
- You may not assign this agreement nor sublet this Property. Further, Splashy Ventures does not rent to non-family groups unless all members are 25 years of age or older. If we determine at check-in or thereafter that tenants do not meet the specified age requirements, the rental agreement is breached and the tenants will be denied access to the property or subject to eviction without refund. All Splashy Ventures properties have a clearly stated maximum occupancy. Exceeding the occupancy will incur similar penalties.
- Manager may, with reasonable notice, inspect, repair, show or maintain the Property.
- The total amount due includes an exit cleaning fee which will be applied to the cleaning the property after you depart. Manager has the right to charge an additional cleaning fee on your credit card should the condition require more cleaning than usual. This is to include moving furnishings and/or artwork back to their original location. Should your occupancy be over 30 days, you will be required to have monthly maid service, at your expense, to be provided by cleaning service assigned to the house by Manager. All house-cleaning of the property shall be by the cleaners selected by the Owner or the Manager.
Substitute Property: In the unlikely event that the property you reserved becomes unavailable for whatever reason, Manager will attempt to accommodate you with a comparable property and will issue a full refund if comparable property is not available. If a more expensive property becomes available, Manager will attempt to accommodate you with the more expensive property, at no additional cost to you. Manager acts as Agent for the Owner of the property. Manager is not the Owner of the property. If the Manager is unable to find alternative housing, the liability of the Manager to Guest shall be limited to the refund of all sums paid by Guest for the Property. No further liability to Guest shall be provided.
Travel Insurance: Guest may have the option to purchase travel insurance from a third party company providing such insurance. Payment for travel insurance is due at the time of booking. Such insurance is optional. Upon filing a Guest claim, all rents and other charges are fully due and payable to Manager. Any refund to be issued will be handled through the Travel Insurance Company.
Please visit www.csatravelprotection.com/certpolicy.do?product=G-330CSA to obtain your travel insurance policy or certificate of insurance for your Covered Trip if you have paid or authorized payment for travel insurance. The travel protection, if purchased, includes insurance coverage for Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Travel Delay, Baggage Delay, Baggage and Personal Effects, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Emergency Assistance, Medical or Dental Expenses, and Rental car Damage. Please read your document carefully as certain limitations, restrictions and exclusions apply. The insurance is underwritten by Generali US Branch and the non-insurance assistance services are provided by CSA’s designated provider. Please contact CSA at 866-999-4018 if you have questions.
Air Conditioning and Heat: All properties have central refrigerated air and heat and ceiling fans.
Internet Access: All homes have high-speed wireless Internet access provided by various third parties. Neither Manager nor Owner is responsible for data loss, theft, loss of Internet access or connection or inability of Guest to connect to the Internet. The network name and password will be provided to you in your arrival package and can also be found in the home.
Security alarms: Manager and Owner have not made any representation about an alarm system. Neither Manager nor Owner’s insurance covers loss or damage to the Guest’s personal possessions. Guest bears all risk of loss at the property. If there is an alarm at the property it may or may not be operable during your stay.
Injury: Manager and Owner will not be liable for damage or injury to persons or property arising from acts or omission of the Guest, or Guest’s family for losses or damages to property due to theft, fire, smoke, water, rain, snow, ice, vandalism, acts of God, etc., or any other causes other than as a direct result of gross negligence of Manager or Owner. Guest will hold Owner and Manager harmless from any liability or loss or damage to the property of Guest or others present.
Controversy: The laws of the State of Texas shall govern all controversies and disputes between the parties. All controversies and disputes shall reside in Travis County, Texas regardless of where this Agreement was signed. Guest shall be responsible for any attorney’s fees and other expenses incurred by the Manager or Owner should Guest breach this agreement.
Issues of the Environment: Under this agreement Guest is leasing a residential property or home. Many unknown conditions at a home or property can cause injury or illness to the occupants of the property. More frequently, cases are reported in which occupants of a property suffer injury or illness as a consequence of unknown environmental conditions, such as residue or mold from house products (cleaning products, perfumes, air fresheners, etc.) Neither the Manager nor the Owner is qualified to find or detect or evaluate such environmental conditions that can cause injury or illness. If you become suspicious that such a condition exists at the property, you are required to promptly report your suspicion to Splashy Ventures immediately. For any and all fire-related, police-related or health emergencies, call 911 first. Guest shall waive any environmental condition on or near the property.
Fenced Yards: Not all of our properties have completely fenced yards. If this is important to you, please ask prior to signing the agreement.
Hurricane or Storm Policy: No refunds will be given. We encourage you to purchase travel insurance.
About the Cleaning Fee: The cleaning fee is not maid service. It includes, for example, laundry of guest sheets and towels, dusting, sweeping and mopping, refrigerators, mirrors and cleaning bathrooms. We do expect you to pick up after yourself during your stay, such as cleaning up coffee or stove top spills, and removing your food from the refrigerator and garbage from the trash cans when you leave, and washing your dishes. This helps provide some level of consistency when the cleaning team arrives. We schedule a cleaning team with the number of people it should take to clean the home based on its size and occupancy max. Often new guests may be arriving the same day you are departing and if an arriving guest is delayed because we are still cleaning after your group, we will charge an additional fee. If you do know in advance you do not wish to clean up at all, please notify us prior to signing this agreement so that we may add in an additional fee and schedule the appropriate number of cleaning staff for your departure day.
Pets: Pets are permitted in rental units only with prior approval. A $20 per day or $100 per week plus tax pet fee applies. An additional $25 plus tax pet cleaning charge is also applied. If you do not see your pet listed on this rental agreement, we do not know you are bringing a pet, even if you have communicated such information in your inquiry. Pleas advise us immediately. All guests with pets must complete and sign the Pet Addendum. Bringing an undisclosed pet (no pet addendum completed and no pet fee paid) will result in forfeiture of your entire security deposit.
Adjustments: Please check the property carefully when you arrive. If you should discover any problems with the house, please report it to us immediately. We do not generally issue refunds for any condition beyond our control, such as power outages, water or plumbing system breakdowns, TV cable blackouts, appliance malfunctions and the like, and in no event will we issue a refund for a problem we have had no opportunity to resolve. We maintain our homes in the best possible operating condition and if a problem should occur we would make every effort to rectify the situation, and if necessary, move you to another home. If you decide to leave earlier than your departure date, there is no refund.
OVERVIEW OF “THE PROCESS”: We prefer (but do not require) payment by check whenever possible but we will still require a credit card for damages and other charges. No reservation is confirmed until we have a signed rental agreement and received or charged the required initial payment. If you are paying any payment by check, please add the due date to your calendar and send the payment before that date. If you are making all payments via credit card, we will charge the refundable security/damage deposit 14 days prior to your arrival date, set the code to the keyless entry lock and send you a final arrival email with directions, WiFi info, telephone number, all door codes, etc. We recommend you review and print this information at that time. IF YOU ARE DOING EXTENSIVE TRAVELING OR OTHERWISE NEED THIS INFORMATION EARLIER, PLEASE NOTIFY US AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. WE WILL NEED PAYMENT IN FULL PRIOR TO SENDING. Security deposits are refunded back to you via the original method of payment (i.e., by check if you paid it by check and to your credit card if you paid it via credit card) no more than 2 weeks after you depart. This includes time for the credit card company to do their processing so you see it on your end. YOU DO NOT NEED TO CALL AND FOLLOW-UP ON THE STATUS OF YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT REFUND! We process refunds twice a week, typically Wednesdays and Saturdays. We run a report in our reservation system and will not forget your deposit. We promise!
Pet Allergies: All homes are pet-friendly. This means that a pet has been in the home at some time. If you have pet allergies you should not rent our homes. This does not mean that the home has not been cleaned, it simply means that we will not refund your money if you rent a "pet-friendly" home and find it aggravates your allergies.
Cancellation Policy: For reservations with stays commencing between May 1 and November 30: If you cancel your occupancy more than sixty (60) days before the lease term begins, there is a $200 cancellation fee if you cancel more than 60 days prior to your scheduled arrival date/lease term. For these reservations, If you cancel within sixty (60) days of the start of the scheduled arrival date/lease term, you will NOT receive a refund of any amounts other than the refundable security deposit, pet fees and the cleaning fee, IF THOSE HAVE BEEN PAID. The cleaning fee and pet fees are not paid until the final payment is due and the security deposit is not considered paid until 2-3 weeks prior to arrival. For reservations with stays commencing between December 1 and April 30: These reservations require a minimum $500 payment to book. This payment is nonrefundable if you cancel at any time. Your next payment is due 90 days prior to arrival and this payment too is nonrefundable once paid, regardless of your reason for cancellation. For these stays then, if you cancel more than ninety (90) days prior to the start of your lease term, you will lose your initial $500 payment. If you cancel ninety (90) days prior to the start of the lease term or less, you will NOT received a refund. For these winter rentals, cleaning fees and pet charges will be refunded if they have been paid (i.e., if you have made the second payment.)
PLEASE CONSIDER THE PURCHASE OF TRAVEL INSURANCE!
About CSA Travel Protection
CSA Travel Protection is dedicated to providing value-driven travel insurance and emergency assistance services to protect your investments and provide the peace of mind you deserve while traveling. Since its inception in 1991, CSA has solidified its reputation by standing behind its customers and products and services to meet their needs.
As a part of your stay, you may purchase a Vacation Rental Damage Protection plan designed to cover unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out.
If purchased, the policy will pay a maximum benefit of $3,000. Any damages that exceed $3,000 or are not covered under the plan will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our rental properties, an insured person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $3,000. Certain terms and conditions apply.
Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/g10vrd. The Vacation Rental Damage plan can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly to Splashy Ventures any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage. Please contact us directly if you do not wish to participate in this assignment.
If you do not wish to purchase the Vacation Rental Damage Protection, a $250 damage deposit will be required.
TRAVEL INSURANCE INFORMATION:
Click here for CSA travel insurance
To view flyer: CSA Travel Insurance
VACATION RENTAL DAMAGE INSURANCE:
Click here for CSA Damage Insurance
To view flyer: Damage Protection